Welcome to Writer's Craft blog. You will be responsible for "blogging" every Friday. You are required to write a minimum of 250 words in response to the following prompt:
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard . . .
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard . . . footsteps behind me, slowly getting closer and closer, louder and louder. I started to walk a bit faster, I was really getting scared. I started imagining what was behind me. Was it a mass murderer, my friend Johnny sneaking up on me, or just another person out past their curfew trying to rush home? I just couldn’t look so I started walking a bit faster. I pulled out my cell phone so the person would know I can call for help. I sent a text to Johnny asking what he was up to tonight, he said he was at his girlfriends house for the night. I really started to worry now. I wanted to look back, but I don’t want him to know what I look like. Suddenly my cell phone rang, it was my mother. She told me in her annoying voice, “Anthony you need to hurry because there was a young boy kidnaped just last week”. I hung up the phone and started walking even faster. At this point I was basically doing an awkward jog with straight legs. I needed to look back to see who was there, so I did. It was a man in a long black coat with the hood up, it reminded me of one of those scary movies. I started to run, I was running the fastest I’d ever run before. I was starting to regret those six hot dogs I had ate before I left Mike’s house. The footsteps seemed to be getting faster and faster the harder I ran. I looked back one more and saw...
ReplyDeleteAnthony never came home that night and was the second reported missing boy in two weeks. His mother was devastated and wished she would have picked up Anthony when he asked for a ride.
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard the rain begin to fall. The wind began blowing more violently and it was obvious that the storm had begun.
ReplyDeleteI knew the run wasn't a good idea, but I was busy all day and really needed to train for the upcoming marathon. I picked up my pace as to get home as quickly as possible. The skies were getting progressively darker and were slowly turning green. This would be one of the worst storms Brantford has ever seen.
The rain was now pelting down on my skin, it stung as it hit. The thunder had also begun in the distance but it was getting closer with each rolling boom. From where I was it appeared as if the lightning was striking a block from my home. I was running into the storm.
Now it was the wind's turn to become violent. I could hardly see with it blowing the rain into my eyes. I temporarily sought shelter in a bus shelter. I knew I couldn't stay long, I had to get home. Jersey Shore would be starting in ten minutes.
I would wait for the bus but I didn't have any money on me. So I had no other choice but to run. I saw this as an opportunity to really train for my marathon. I sprinted out of the shelter on into the street. Puddles flooded the concrete and my feet were soon drenched, but I did not stop. I leaped over the deep ones and ran through the smaller ones. Nothing would stop me from watching the latest "guido" drama. I was only about a hundred yards from my front door. Time to kick it into high gear. I sprinted as fast as I could, feeling as if I was covering more ground than I ever have before in my life.
I put my key into the front door and walked in dripping wet. I did not notice the puddle I was creating as I walked in, I was too consumed with getting to the television remote. I turned on the television and the starting credits were just beginning. Phew, I had made it. I plopped down on the couch and let my brain melt to the sounds of characters' voices.
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard a faint cry. It was coming from a short distance down the street. I followed the noise and it grew louder and louder. I started getting nervous, because I recognized this cry, it was very familiar. It was my younger sister, Madison. She was stuck at the top of the 40 foot tree in our front yard. Madison is quite adventurous and somehow thought she could successfully make it to the very top of the tree, and get down safely, all by herself. At first I didn't know what to do, I stood there starring at her, still in shock. Madison was barely hanging onto a branch at the very top of the tree. I wouldn't even call it a branch, I would call it a twig. Somehow, this twig was able to support her weight. I felt tears start to form in my eyes, Madison was now bawling her eyes out. I was supposed to be babysitting while my mom went out to get things for my dad's birthday and to pick him up from work. If anything were to happen it would be my fault. I ran inside, looking everywhere for the phone. I dialed 911, by now I was crying so hard you could barely understand what I was saying. Miraculously, they understood what I was trying to say, and they got here exactly eight minutes later. First two Police cars, and one minute later a Fire truck. They told Madison she needed to stay calm, and keep holding on. They would have her down in a couple minutes. They took the ladder out and Madison was helped down safely. She was still crying, and they wrapped her in a blanket and sat us both down on the end of the Fire truck. Just then, my parents pulled into the driveway. They did not look impressed. Happy Birthday dad!
ReplyDeleteI walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard a faint meow up ahead. As I walked toward the meow, I noticed a furry little creature up in a monestrous oak tree. It was a kitten, no larger than a coffee mug.
ReplyDeleteI knew I had to save the creature. It was so small, so helpless to the giant tree. When the kitten saw me, the meows grew much stronger. It seemed that it was screaming at me for help. It was so scared, so alone.
"I'll save you", I cried.
The tree was so tall, probably about thirty feet upward. I tried to climb, but I could not get more than four feet up the bark. I was truly stumped. The kitten would not stop meowing, and I couldn't help it down.
A man on a bike was riding toward me, so I signaled him to stop. He noticed the kitten in the tree. He snarled, threw me a "good luck", and kept on riding. I felt as if my world was over. If I cannot save a helpless kitten, how ever could I take care of my future children? I felt like a useless person, and wanted to give up.
I took another look at the kitten, and I knew it was my duty to save it. Her hazel eyes stared into my soul. I could not give up no matter what was thrown at me. I looked over to my right hand side, and I saw a man climbing a ladder. It was very tall, at least twenty feet. It was what I needed to save the helpless lonely kitten. I ran toward him yelling.
“Excuse me! I need your help” I cried.
“What is the problem, are you in danger” He responded.
I told him what was wrong, and he paused for a moment, laughed, and said he did not have time for that nonsense. My heart dropped. I felt like I was failing as a human. I could not leave the cold, frightened kitten all by its lonesome. I decided to wait until the man was on the roof, then I acted quickly. I grabbed the massive ladder and wobbled toward the tree. Luckily, the man was facing the other direction.
I placed the ladder by the tree, and began to climb. Once I got to the top there was only about ten feet between the kitten, and my head. It jumped down directly onto my head. I climbed down very slowly. I could hear the man yelling curses once he noticed his ladder in my possession. Once we got to the bottom, the kitten jumped off my head. She looked at me, purred and rubbed her head on my leg, and meowed to me. I told her to stay as I returned the ladder.
Once I returned, the kitten was gone. I heard her meows from above. The damn thing was back at the very top branch. Anger filled my heart.
“Too bad for you” I yelled firmly, and walked away.
By Andreanna Tardelli
...a single car racing down from the house that I had just come from. In the dead of the night, the car roared like a lion running after it's pray. I didn't know what to do, and I didn't know where to turn. I honestly thought that everything that had happened tonight had all been in my head and when the sun came up I could go home and realize how crazy I was acting. But the sound of that car made it so real, past the point of explanation, because the fact was that was my car, coming from my house, the house that was supposed to be empty, and I was not the one driving that car. Who was, I honestly couldn't tell you, and I didn't want to know. I just knew I had to figure something out quick.
ReplyDeleteIt's weird how things like this play out, because the night started out like any other regular Thursday night. Made myself dinner, browsed on facebook for about an hour, caught the new Jersey Shore, then went up stairs to go to brush my teeth and go to bed. That's when it started, when I heard it. A tap running, from downstairs, where nobody was, and after 30 seconds it shut off. I stood paralyzed in fear. I didn't dare call out to see who it was, I knew nobody was home, and I knew I locked the door. I grabbed a pair of scissors from my home office directly beside my bedroom. I slowly made my way down the stairs with thoughts racing through my head, I knew I heard something, I was not going crazy, which meant I needed to get out of their. Somebody or something was in the house and I didn't know how they got in. My keys were hanging up, my shoes were by the door and my jacket was in the closet. Plan was that once I got to the bottom of the stairs I would bolt for all three and make a run for it. As i approached the last few steps their was a huge bang followed by smashing just around the corner as if something had knocked over my fridge. I let out a heart pounding scream, grabbed my shoes and was out the door without thinking about my keys or jacket. I ran down the street, trying to keep the list of horrible explanations that were flying through my head.
That's when my car pulled out of my driveway, and I instantly regretted leaving my keys behind. The car was gaining on me and I saw no sign of it slowing down.
That's the last thing i remember. The next day they found my body pinned between a tree and my car, no driver, no explanation. To this day nobody knows of the events that took place that night or of those involved.
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard . . . a very loud bang. I was shocked when I heard the noise and quickly ran over to the house that I heard it come from. I heard a woman yelling from the inside, I had no idea what to do. I looked around for some help but nobody could be seen, so I decided to investigate on my own. I quickly ran around to the back and onto the porch, trying to look through the back doors to look what I could see; there was no one. I checked to see if the door was unlocked. Once I discovered it was I slowly and quietly walked in and shut the door behind me. There was blood everywhere and I heard a woman downstairs crying, so I rushed to see what was the problem and to my surprise found a woman sitting on the ground with her 3 dead children laying around her. I asked what happened and she just looked at me, put the gun to her head and fired. I had just witnessed a murder-suicide. I grabbed the phone and dialed 911, soon after the police were at the scene and i was asked an endless set of questions that seemed to put me in the suspect position. Because I could not prove my innocence I was put in the back of the police cruiser and hauled off to the interrogation room. After waiting there for what seemed like eternity a tall fat bald man walked into the room and told me I was free to go.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard the sound of footsteps shuffling along the pavement. I looked around curiously, straining through the darkness to satisfy my sense of sight and put my mind at ease. The footsteps continued, yet nobody seemed to be present.
ReplyDeleteSighing heavily I continued on, passing what seemed like endless miles of shrub and bush as I went. It was then that I once again heard the footsteps, weaving in and out of my ears and mind as they pressed through the density of the shadows. My brain whirled, trying to determine if I was being followed or simply imagining things. I was, after all, suffering from sleep deprivation. Then, as quickly as they started, they stopped again and I was once more left with nothing but the wind whispering through the trees.
I continued walking. I had at this point reached the end of the street and found myself in a rather peculiar situation. The road branched off into two directions, each as shadowy as the last, and I couldn’t seem to make a decision as to which one I should ultimately travel. I could hear the footsteps again, louder and more prominent than they had been prior, and it sounded as if it was resonating down the right path. That was it, I decided; I had to find out who, or what was making those footsteps.
I raced down the right path, charging through the shadows and cutting through the wind, forever racing toward the mysterious footsteps. My legs were tired and my chest burned, but I knew I couldn’t stop. It was a feeling of intense fear and extreme excitement coursing through every vein and artery, encouraging me forward into the unknown. It was then that a light gleamed at the end of the path and caused me to come to an abrupt stop. I watched it shine brighter and then dim, a cycle that repeated itself much like a broken record.
With slower, more timid steps, I approached. I could see a figure standing just beyond the light, and I realised that this was who had been making the footsteps. Was he making the light too? I called out to the figure, but to no avail. No answer came the stern reply. I crawled closer, calling out louder and louder, and yet the figure still did not reply.
As I bordered the light, I noticed that the figure was not paying any attention to me at all. Instead, it was focused on a small group of figures jumping and laughing, but no sound was being emitted. Frowning a bit in frustration I picked up my pace and walked straight into the light, only to find myself on the other side. Wheeling around I could still see the image of the figures, acting exactly the same as they had on the other side. They were blurry, rendering it nearly impossible to identify their faces. This time I cried out in anger and slammed my foot into the hard pavement below, my frustration reaching record levels. It was then that the images started to focus, ever so slowly, and the details and intricacies of the image began to appear. It started at the feet and worked its way up. It was agonizing to watch, the sheer sense of wonder burning deep within my very soul.
Finally, after what had seemed like eternity, the figures were entirely clear. I gasped as I saw myself, laughing with a group of children, handing them papers and waving my hand around. It dawned on me that this figure - or, myself as I had just discovered - was a teacher instructing his students and achieving a great source of satisfaction from it. The children seemed to adore him, or, ah, me, and it struck me that the footsteps I had previously heard were that of my own, leading me toward my future and showing my the direction I had to take to get there.
I slept soundly that night, finally knowing what my purpose in life was, knowing that someday I was going to lead a fulfilling existence, all thanks to that shadowy street.
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly and then I heard a subtle rustle from the rose bushes. I stopped briefly to glance where the rustling was coming from. Nothing could be seen from a quick glance, but it definitely could be heard. Once I noticed the outline of the creature I gasped, my body filled fear and I began to hesitate what my next action should be. I briskly stepped back, in fear of what might be disguised within. A loud echoing growl was released from the bush. It tumbled onto the side of the road; it seemed to have been some small animal, a prisoner of a plastic container. I took a step closer, and to my surprise it was nothing but a curious puppy caught in milk jug. I felt like a fool once I had realized that a puppy had given me the scare of a lifetime. I cautiously bent over to help the struggling creature, the puppy jumped around with excitement, as if it never had freedom. Selfishly, I started to walk away from the once struggling puppy, only to have the puppy trotting along not far behind. I walked back to the bush where it had come from, only to notice that what I thought was the culprit of the growl, in fact wasn’t. I shrieked in horror, I abruptly reached for the four-legged animal that was trailing along behind me, only to notice the creature with the horrible growl had beaten me to the innocent puppy. The puppy yelped like it was under extreme pain. I heroically dove into the bush after the puppy, only to be never seen again.
ReplyDeleteI walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard the sound of music behind me. It had a very inviting ringing. Could it be? YES! It was an ice cream truck, and just in time to cheer me up. But what was it doing in this part of town? And at 11:30 at night? Then it hit me: this was not an ice cream truck... it was an asparagus truck! My heart sank, my legs became heavy, and my breathing increased. The sound of the words sent a chill through my body: 'I cuss, you cuss, we all cuss for asparagus!' There was no escaping it. I was about to be force-fed my mandatory 8 servings of fruits vegetables per day.
ReplyDeleteAs he got closer, he slowed down. He turned the van off and then its lights, creating a dark and quiet ambiance. He began walking towards me, and as he... Wait, what's that squeaking? Clown shoes? BAHAHA! With each step he took, a giggle escaped my mouth. He would be easier to deal with than I had imagined.
I reached into my pistol holster and removed my Skittles gun. I shot at him, a good round of 50 Skittles before lowering my gun to see the damage I had dealt. My precision accuracy was the cause for hitting him square in the mouth on every shot. As I looked at him, I could see his cheeks were expanded. I walked over to him and slapped both of his cheeks together, forcing the Skittles down his throat. As I looked at him, I saw an enormous grin form on his face. He had, indeed, tasted the rainbow.
From that day on he was known as the Skittles Man, cruising the streets in search of anyone who looked like they needed something delicious to brighten their day.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard it. After that I saw its shadow. I never saw anything like it before. It were running on all fours, and coming towards me. I started walking a bit faster hoping I could escape from the huge shadow following me. I was too afraid to turn around and see what was there, but I knew it was not good. As I walked faster the shadow did too. There was no escaping them every corner I turned they turned, and every step I took they took. I was terrified. My imagination took hold of my sanity, and a million thoughts of what could be following me came into my head. Someone could have let the panthers, or the lions out of the zoo! There could be coyotes in the city. It could be anything! Just as that thought came into my head I realized it really could be anything following me. Maybe it wasn’t something trying to attack me. Maybe it was just an animal looking for a home. Finally I got the courage to turn around. It defiantly was not a panther or a lion following me. It was my tabi cat Mittens. She had been lost for a week. "Mittens" I said in excitement "I’ve been looking everywhere for you!" Mittens had been lost and saw me walking down the street, and was just looking for a way home. All this time I was scared, and it was just my kitten looking to come home. I’m so glad she found me that night. Now I know that nothing ever is as it seems, and if I did not see those big shadows my kitten would have never came home.
ReplyDeleteI walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard the leaves rustling quietly. I stopped and looked up at the stars twinkling above. Gazing at the stars made me feel so small and insignificant to the world surrounding me. There has to be so much more in the world to discover and learn. The possibilities of opening new doors that will impact mankind intrigues me. The universe is vast, yet here I am, stuck on this planet here on this secluded street. What is my role on this Earth? Could I be so much more than I am?
ReplyDeleteI exhaled, taking a step forward and beginning to make my way down the long street that stretched ahead of me. I couldn’t yet help but smile to myself because I knew the answers to these questions. I believe I can be so much more than I anticipated. I actually believe anybody can strive to be what they want if they put their efforts into it. I hastily jammed my hands into my pockets as the wind blew harder against my cheeks. I began to pick up my pace, anxious to get home and relax. As I walked, I heard thumping footsteps following closely behind me. I peered over my shoulder, only to see a large, formidable silhouette trailing behind me. They then all of a sudden started towards me, reaching their large hand towards me. And then there was black.
All that I heard was voices talking all around me. I think that I was lying on the ground. It was kind of weird, I saw nothing and I couldn't move my limbs freely. My body also felt numb. I then sensed something like a thin and light slide over my body, and then my face.
“Such a shame,” I heard a man speak, “I don’t think she could’ve stood a chance to whoever did this to her… She’s still so young too. It’s really heartbreaking.”
“I really don’t want to tell another family that their daughter was murdered tonight.” Another voice responded.
It simply isn’t fair. Why did this happen to me? What did I do to deserve this? I don’t want to die and leave this world at such a young age. I knew there was more for me to experience, and enjoy in life. It’s really not fair that all of these circumstances that are out of my control. The chance to live life was stolen right from beneath me. I’m really going to miss my mother… my father and my friends. I didn’t get a chance to say goodbye. Despite all of the wonders of the world and all of the good and pleasures, there are still evils that lurk about us.
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard a faint whispering sound. I slowly turned around and began to observe my surroundings. There was no one around. I continued walking, but at a much faster pace. I heard the whisper again, except this time, it was much louder. It sounded like an echo. I began to feel quite nervous so I turned around again and said, "hello?!" No answer. "Is anyone there?" No answer. I stood there for a minute because I knew if I continued to walk, I would hear the whispers again. I pulled out my cell phone and began to dial my sister’s number. I don’t know why I was calling her considering she wouldn’t be able to help me as she lived an hour away. Maybe I just needed some reassurance. The call went straight to voicemail and I hung up. I reached inside my purse for my iPod and pulled it out. I put my headphones in and turned the music up. I continued walking. I was around the corner from my house and looked down to see a shadow behind me. I turned around and saw Benjamin Hall, a senior at my high school. I turned off my iPod and there was complete silence. The wind was calm and the earth felt still. “Hi” I said softly. He walked toward me. “Hi” he responded. We began to make small talk and I asked him if he had been following me. “Well, kind of. You see earlier today I saw you studying in the café and saw you left some papers behind, I have them in my bag at home...” I stood there in a state of confusion. He looked nervous, “I don’t live far, do you want to come by and pick them up?” “I didn’t go to school today” I explained. “You must have the wrong person.” “Oh… umm” He muttered. I explained that I had to l get home as it was my birthday and I was sure my family had something planned upon my arrival. “No!” he exclaimed. “You have to come somewhere with me first” I was confused. I had only ever spoken to Ben three times in my life. Why was he even talking to me? Figuring I had nothing to lose, I agreed. We walked about four blocks, to an abandoned building. I was starting to get nervous, but for some reason, I felt completely comfortable. I had a crush on Ben since grade nine, and everyone knew it. We walked up to the building and he opened the door. It was dark and silent. Out of no where, the lights flickered on and I saw a crowd of people. “Happy Birthday!” everyone shouted. My mom, dad, sister and all of my friends had all gathered to throw me a surprise birthday party. A feeling of excitement and joy rushed through me. I turned to Ben and smiled. That’s all I could do. There were no words to explain the way I was feeling, so I just smiled. Ben and I are dating now and have been for six months. I still have no idea why, out of all people, he decided to bring me there. I guess it doesn’t really matter though as some things are better left unsaid.
ReplyDeleteI walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard the sweet, nostalgic sound of The Boys of Summer seeping through my headphones. The Ataris had been my favourite band since I was twelve so hearing the song resulted in a wonderful change in my mood. The crisp, fall air grazed my face like a gentle caress and the musky smell of leaves entered my nose. There was something magical and beautiful about autumn that I absolutely loved. I continued walking down the dimly lit street, thinking to myself how brilliant the iridescent sunset looked as it was reflected in a nearby stream. I finally reached the board-walk where I had seen a man sitting on a wooden bench beside the lighthouse. He was early. It felt like hours, but I eventually reached the end of the pier. I sat down on the bench beside him. I saw him glance at me out of the corner of my eye. It sounded like he was mustering up the courage to say something, but didn't. I was glad. Sometimes, words ruin a perfect moment. I stood up and walked closer to the edge of the pier, the smell of salt becoming more potent with every step. I heard footsteps behind me and I felt him becoming closer. He took my hand in his. I looked up at him and smiled. I loved him more than anything. He had always been there for me and I knew he always would. We gazed at the magnificent sun setting and with The Ataris still quietly playing and the sound of waves crashing, I felt infinite. It was one of those perfect moments where it seemed like nothing would ever be that perfect again.
ReplyDeleteI walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard it again. I spun, searching for the source of the sound. There was nothing. No one was there. I tried to find it, whatever it was, but the road was exactly as it was supposed to be: empty, empty, empty. I breathed a sigh of relief. I was alone.
ReplyDeleteIt was the moment where I thought I was alone, though, when it found me. It snuck up behind me, drew me in, and caught me. I struggled, fought against it, but it was too strong for me. The melody curled around me, a haunting, terrifying tune. It sang of hatred, of lies and cheating and death. It sang of sin, of all things that my very nature abhorred. Like a spider’s crafty web, it held me. I couldn’t break free from it. The darkness rushed down my throat, suffocating me with its evil. I gagged on the stench, a stench reminiscent of corpses and rot. I tried to scream for help, but what had previously been my relief had quickly become my bane: I was alone. There was no one there to help me, to save me.
It continued to push me down, forcing me to my knees. My palms scraped against the cement and I cried out from the pain of my fall. I wanted to fight it, I really did, but I just wasn’t strong enough. It wasn’t done with me, though. It pumped through my body, engulfing all of me, down to the very core of my being. I sobbed. It hurt. It was an agony that couldn’t be described with words. It wanted to break me. I could feel it succeeding. It was the cruellest kind of torture.
In that moment, something deep inside of me cracked and broke. It shattered into a thousand pieces, scattering around me. The darkness took over, ripping through my body and overcoming me. The darkness became warmth, a strange kind of passionate power. I stood with my new, powerful legs. My feathers shifted with my body, ruffling in the cool breeze. I spread my black wings, turned my ruby gaze to the sky, and flew.
...the siren I'd been dreading all night. My heart dropped like lead in my chest. I felt my body lock up with fear. I tried to keep my gait as natural as possible, while I frantically debated my two options: run like hell or play it cool. I started panicking after a few seconds when a decision hadn't come to me. It should have been instant. No hesitation. I didn't know if the sirens were getting closer or if it was just my imagination, and terror welled up inside my throat like a fizzing pop bottle.
ReplyDelete'If big brother were here he would know what to do...' This thought kept repeating in my head, like an uncontrollable tick fueled by desperation and anguish. If he were here I'd have nothing to worry about. But he wasn't, and now my life was my own responsibility. The plan of action was up to me, and it had to be made. Right now.
I forced myself to peer over my shoulder at the street corner. The black Camaro reared its ugly head, it's flashing siren glaring at me like a red, evil eye. And the decision was made: Run.
My body burst into a sprint faster than I ever could have without the burning adrenaline coursing through my limbs. I heard the Camaro's tires screech, signaling the chase was on. I took a sharp right, racing down an alley between two factories. The giant walls didn't seem wide enough to allow a cars passage. At least, that's what my amateur eyes gaged. 'Anywhere but the open road,' my brothers words rang clear in my mind. That's where they catch you. Suddenly my shadow grew more defined. And I realized the black cars headlights must be directly behind me. I really should have payed more attention when my brother was around.
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard . . . a scream. It wasn't a scream you hear in horror movies or one of which you do when you are surprised, it was more like a stressed out, impatient and confused scream. I decided to follow my instincts and walked in the direction the scream came from. I found myself face to face with a girl in her early twenties. She was leaning on a brick wall with a tear stained face. When I looked at her, I knew I recognized her. The way she presented herself, it was like I've known her my whole life. I searched my brain for a similar face and only one came to mind. She was me. It sounds unrealistic but, starring at her you'd know she was me in the future. She had the same red hair I have now, her blue eyes sparkling in the moonlight, the way her body went limp when she cried and the way she talked. I decided that I shouldn't risk talking to this girl so I turned on my heal to walk away and that's when she grabbed my shoulder. Her eyes were bloodshot and she had this smirk on her face. “BEWARE OF YOURSELF!” she yelled at me. I couldn't speak, it felt like all of the oxygen escaped my body and I found myself searching for air. She shoved me and I fell roughly to the ground. I must of hit my head, because I blacked out right away. When I woke up, I was at home in my bed. I got out of my bed quickly and ran to the mirror, I didn't have any cuts or bruises on any part of my body and that's when I realized it was all just a terrifying dream.
ReplyDelete-Taylor Newlove
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard the sound of footsteps scraping along gravel. I quickly turned around and to my surprise there was nothing there. I could feel my heart racing as I tried to control my breathing. I decided that I was being too paranoid and was letting my wild imagination get the best of me. I continued walking down the shadowy street with quicker and shorter paces. I wanted to get to safety as fast as I possibly could. I imagined being home, huddled in front of the fireplace, wrapped in my fleece blanket and sipping hot chocolate from my favourite mug. I was so caught up in my thoughts that I didn’t acknowledge the dark silhouette following mine on the pavement.
ReplyDeleteAt first I was startled and I felt my heartbeat pick back up to an immense speed, but when I turned around to see a young boy walking his dog, I felt at ease.
About five minutes passed and I still felt no closer to home. Why had I decided to go through with this? Looking back on my quick, impulsive decision, I decided it seemed irrational and just plain out stupid. I put myself in excessive danger... And for what reason? Well a very good reason, but if I had waited I'm sure I could've figured out a better solution than this. I guess it didn’t really matter now, I'd just have to deal with the consequences later. Right now, I just wanted to get home. I guessed I still had about a 10 minute walk. I looked down at my watch- quarter to one. I started into a slow jog and figured I could get home in a little over 5 minutes if I jogged it rather than walked it.
I only got a few steps before thrashing to the ground. I hit the pavement hard and even in the dark I could see a rip in my gray jeans, exposing a bloody cut. The pain was immense, and the cut stung like vinegar on chapped lips. I got up off the ground, still staring at my cut in amazement. I couldn’t believe that a fall of that small of a magnitude had caused such a painful discomfort and that nasty of a cut. I realized the cause of my fall was because my shoelace had come untied. I felt a little embarrassed, reminiscing of my childhood. Ever since I was a little girl, my parents always told me "Lacie, make sure you’re shoes are tied". As I imagined their voices speaking to me, I felt warmth and a smile cross my face.
It’d been only 2 weeks since I’d last heard from my parents, and the thought of being reunited with them for the first time in 2 months only made my yearning for home that much stronger. I should have never agreed to do the exchange program. It was about a 4 hour car ride from Beresti to Bucharest, and I had just walked the distance. I had to get out of there.. It was horrible, and disturbing things you wouldn’t even imagine happened there. I just couldn’t stay, I couldn’t bear to suffer through 4 more months.
When I first decided to go do the exchange.. I thought it would be an enriching experience. Bucharest is one of Romania’s largest cities while Beresti is very small and has less opportunity. At the time it just seemed like a great idea, even my parents agreed. My first 2 weeks with the Lazarovici’s was fun, I got to do a lot of exploring and my new school was amazing, but after that...well things just went downhill and started to get very weird... All of a sudden I heard heavy breathing coming from behind me. It sounded like someone trying to catch their breath. My body went into panic mode and I forced myself to sprint as fast as I could without looking back. Had the Lazarovici's caught up to me? Had they known I'd try to get home and expose them as the horrible people they really were? All I could think of right now was getting home and getting to safety. I didn't escape and make a break for it all for nothing. I wouldn't let my efforts go to waste.
I walked down the shadowy street, the wind was blowing softly, and then I heard a big bang. I turned around frantically not knowing what made the noise. I looked up in the air and i was speechless. Superman was flying around the city fighting Lex Luthor. The sound that I heard was the sound of Superman hitting Lex Luthor. Unlike most of the pedestrians that were running with fear in their eyes, I was intrigued and followed them to where something horrible would happen. When i finally reached were Superman and Lex Luthor were fighting, i saw Lex Luthor punching and beating superman up, it looked like he was going to die right there, so I yelled out "NOOOOOOOO, STOP!!!" Lex Luthor turned to me and slowly walked towards me and grabbed me and took me hostage, he then flew off with a unconscious Superman and myself, I was terrified. We reached an abandoned Nuclear Power Plant and all these thoughts started running into my head which made me very nervous. When Superman woke up, I was tired up and hanging over a vat of nuclear waste. As soon as Superman looked up and saw me hanging there Lex Luthor cut the rope, releasing me to fall into the vat of nuclear waste. Superman had finally lost and Lex Luthor had finally beaten Superman and relished every moment of it. Then all of a sudden the nuclear waste started to bubble up and out came a new super hero, The Cham. Lex Luthor and Superman turned around and were truly stunned in the sight that they saw and were speechless. I then realized that I was a superhero now and I had super human strength, so i quickly flew to lex Luthor picked him up and then flew him to the maximum security prison and made sure that they detained him, so he couldn't get away anymore. Since that day Superman has had a new partner in the fight against justice and we have kept the streets clean of all evil.
ReplyDelete